Hello Sven,

> Am 26.02.2018 um 19:12 schrieb Sven Dyroff <s.dyr...@phytec.de>:
>
> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> > Well, we also don't have too much spare time to hand it on a silver platter
> > :)
>
> Please don't misunderstand me. I never expected a silver platter. I just
> tried a first naive test with minimal effort.

That was clear to me :) I just want to make clear that this may have unexpected
side-effects, although it seems to already boot for some users.

> I understand very well that I failed and thus need to reconsider much stuff,
> that has been well archived by me, but simply never used again for several
> years, now.
>
> I'm also willing to think about kernel versions by myself. All the according
> previous mails from you have been archived by me. Now it seems to be the time
> that I begin to read them again, at least the last ones.
>
> But I need to beg you to understand that for the moment having a well working
> GTA04 is more important for me than trying out new things.

Fully understandable.

> Due to the lack of time I need to avoid everything that could brick the well
> running v55 system. So I need to go one small step after the other. First
> step would be to update the bootloader. Will do that not before I'm sure to
> know again how to reflash the old one in case that the new one will cause
> problems with v55. What means that unfortunately it might take weeks or
> months until I can tell you some test results...

No problem. Nobody expects that you try alpha-software on a mission critical
system and have no method to back-up.

Regarding re-installation of older boot-loaders:
* they are all archived here: http://download.goldelico.com/letux-u-boot/GTA04/
* where I can't help is to find out which one you have currently installed
* and if there were any tweaks on your setup

Finally, migration may need to reset the u-boot environment variables, although
we have tried
to make it as independent as possible. But going back o an older boot loader
hasn't been
tested much.

So I'd suggest that you just make a fresh qtmoko+kernel SD card with makesd,
but without u-boot:

DEV=/dev/sdb makesd qtmoko -r
http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/20180224-wheezy-7.11-armhf-qtmoko.tbz

<http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/20180224-wheezy-7.11-armhf-qtmoko.tbz>

This does not tamper with the boot-loader but adds the latest kernel for
qtmoko2.

This should not take too much time to give it a try.

If it fails to boot, you could check the RS232 if there is something which can
easily be fixed.

If it can't be easily fixed, the latest kernels are indeed no longer bootable
on your u-boot (we have mainly added Device-Tree handling).

Is this a doable approach (not needing too much time and involving risks for
the working v55)?

BR,
Nikolaus