Hello,

my goal is to install the new qtmoko on a fresh new sd card. I am aware that the new qtmoko is not stable yet.

Here are my findings:

1) Start with a fresh unpartitioned sd card and do a "./makesd qtmoko"

It creates a single partition of type Linux. It does not create a file system but tries to mount it, so it stops:
  makesd line 782: mount ${DEVP}${P} /media/P${P} || exit

I used the latest makesd (updated via "./makesd -u").

2) Start with a fresh unpartitioned sd card and "./makesd gta04 qtmoko"

This creates and a FAT32 partition with a file system. It creates 2 partitions of type Linux but does not create the file systems, so it stops too.

3) Looking on the gta04 website for partitions of the rootfs

According to http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-rootfs/ needs the sd card for the rootfs a special format, which can be seen on http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/LinuxBootDiskFormat. This webpage shows "There was an error obtaining wiki data".

4) Looking at the old QtMoko v56.

It was working with a
- as 1st partition a bootable 32 MB FAT16
- as 2nd partition a 2 GB ext4
- as 3d partition for data usage

Is this still needed?
I am asking, because ./makes --help shows:
    macros for single partition cards:
      lxde = -f ext4 -r lxde -d all -k latest -m latest -c latest
      qtmoko = -f ext4 -r qtmoko -d all -k latest (does not need config)

What do I have to do to install qtmoko?

Regards
cnut