Hi Sven,

> Am 20.04.2018 um 16:54 schrieb Sven Dyroff <s.dyr...@phytec.de>:
>
> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> meanwhile I had the time to play around a little bit more with QtMoko2.
> Here're my findings:
>
> While booting QtMoko v55 from SD card, it shows a nice little SD card with
> QtMoko logo in the middle of the screen.
> While booting QtMoko2 from SD card, I'll only get a small blinking cursore at
> the upper left corner.
> Why?

Because QtMoko v55 SD cards seem to have its own multi-boot system to choose
between multiple
rootfs on one SD card. This shows the SD logo since only QtMoko is installed.

The blinking cursor is the default text console from Linux before QtMoko start.

We have no plans to include this in QtMoko since it is not related and our
GTA04 u-boot already
provides a maintained solution.

No idea => http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-qtmoko/issues/879/#preview

> SMS sending as well as receiving works properly.

Fine!

> I scp'ed an mp3 to the "/home/root/Documents" folder. When I call "Documents"
> and select "Rescan system" from the menu, it will appear as expected. But
> when touching the mp3, the Media Player will hang at 0:00 / 0:00 and will not
> start to play it.
> I tried the same mp3 with QtMoko v55. There the Media Player will
> automatically start and play the file.
>
> I guess it's a consecutive fault of this, that indeed I can initiate as well
> as receive telephone calls, but will neither get a ringtone (vibra works
> well), nor hear anything from what the other side talks. Interestingly
> microphone works well. The other side can always hear what I'm talking.

Maybe the GTA04 audio subsystem is not yet configured properly for the many
changes since kernel 3.7...
Mainly the amixer controls for voice routing have changed.

Andreas did update the state files, but I am not sure if it is complete and
includes the media player.

=> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-qtmoko/issues/880/#preview

Thanks for reporting!

BR,