Thank-you Måns for your response and did consider it prompt so thanks
again. I thought this was more a mGSD issue than TiddlySpace Google
Group development issue hence chose to make my posts here. If solve
enough issues then can drop a completed post there as well referencing
back to this Google Group post.

Knowing where to look now, I aplied your MptwTheme and MgtdUserConf
changes by a Meld compare of these tiddlers to mine and adding missing
code. They appear to work well on my adapted mGSD at Tiddlyspace. It
looks like what was needed to solve my ealier posts' issues.

SAVING? Can I ask how extensive your problem is with being forced to
do manual saves? For me when I create or edit a tiddler I get the
tiddlywiki pop-up like save message at top right and the changes
persist on reload at TiddlySpace.

I then also disabled the MgtdUserConf autosave true edit on a hunch
and autosave remains true in mGSD options on reloads.  Also the
checkbox ticks, context changes etc in Actions persist ok if I have
made a subsequent tiddler text change and it auto-saves or I do a
manual save changes. I do have failure issue with tiddler date box
changes as they revert to pre-change on reload. But I can create a new
tickler with a date or change date in a tickler and if also change its
note in it then autosave works to persist the date change. Maybe that
may give someone an idea for a code fix or workaround so one does not
need to remember to do that. Were there other save issues you had?

When I imported all my mGSD tiddlers it did so as private so need a
member name to share for you to test the above yourself - if
interested. I can share my mGSD with your TiddlySpace member username
if you like to PM me. Its a work in progress demo standard for me and
I backed up so change what you like and maybe just use MemberEdits
tiddler to reference any system tiddler changes that want to persist.
Understand if you do not have time and someone else showing mGSD
experience may offer on reading this post.