Ages ago, someone who's name I forgot to copy'n'paste said:

> call gtk_widget_show_all on that particular window.
> Calling **show_all is equivalent to saying
> "I am done adding widgets".

This reminded me of something...  Normally, I use gtk_widget_show_all() on the
main window once it's fully constructed, to bring everything to life.  But how
does that work, if you want to leave a widget or two hidden?

I assume show_all() won't recurse into an already-shown widget or container.
So it should be possible to show() a container, within which are widgets which
you wish to remain hidden.  Does that make sense, and/or work?

Fredderic