On 01/30/2013 11:24 AM, Andrew Potter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM, John Stebbins
> <stebb...@jetheaddev.com>wrote:
>
>> Not sure where you are getting your information.  I just built HandBrake
>> using the mingw tools on Fedora 18 with gtk+ 3
>> support.  Works spiffy.
>>
> Presumably he is getting his information from
> http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
>
> It is relatively easy to cross-compile a Gtk3 Windows .exe with mingw.
>
> But how do you give users the program? They need the Gtk3
> & dependency .DLLs to run it. There is no Gtk3 installer. Do you have your
> own installer and distribute the .DLLs that are in the Fedora packages? I'm
> curious to know if that works. Also if you could share some details on your
> installer I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks

I realized I didn't answer your question completely.  My "installer" is just a
zip file containing the directory tree of
everything needed.  I have a simple script that copies everything needed into
the directory, then I zip it up.  Example
script attached.

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7