Hi Sébastien,

thx for this post ! I'm a newby with GObject, and I'm always happy to
learn bits here and there.

As for using the `g_object_set_data()` like you do, it's something I
always tried to stay away from, because it seems to me that everything
becomes possible with that, and there's probably plenty of mistakes to
be made ;) On the other hand, there must be some situations where it's
the only solution. I'd be curious to know what the old-timers think
about it, when to use it and when to avoid it.

At last, I take this opportunity to share my bookmark post on GObject. I
collected all the interesting bits I found on the Net while learning
from zero, plus added some personal thoughts, and in the end it's just a
mess, but learners might find interesting bits there, who knows.

https://github.com/elboulangero/goodvibes/wiki/GObject-Introduction

Cheers,
Arnaud