On 10 February 2018 at 21:26, Kristian Rietveld <k...@loopnest.org> wrote:

>> On 05 Feb 2018, at 11:37, Emmanuele Bassi <eba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Of course if we get a positive response that the bug is still there
>> we're going to migrate it and keep track of it.
>>
>>> With that in mind, I believe it is much nicer to just leave the old bugs
>>> there.
>>
>> The old bugs will be left there, but closed, so we don't need to check
>> two bug lists, and split the maintenance resources even more.
>

> What about old bugs that will not receive a response right now / in the very
> near future? Can these still be migrated at a later point? I gather there’s a
> script to do this on a case-by-case basis?

The script only moves open bugs; moving closed bugs for GTK would be
quite a move, and would not really preserve the history anyway,
because the bug numbers would be different, and because the
projects/products would not match.

If a bug does not receive any feedback in the allotted time, then
it'll stay on Bugzilla.

> And I assume all data in bugzilla.gnome.org will remain accessible for quite
> some time to come? This is an important archive of information.

Yes, Bugzilla will remain available for existing bug for the
foreseeable future. Even in case we closed down Bugzilla for good, we
have plans to turn it into a static website, for archival purposes.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io