Hello,

I would like to use mingw to port and compile a simple GTK application
under MS Windows.

The download page for windows located at:

http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

recommends the mingw tool chain and contains tables of relevant packages as well as dependencies.

I have downloaded the various required packages and dependencies
marked 'Dev' on that page.

What is unclear from any installation instructions I
have been able to find is where and how to install these
packages into mingw.

Do I simply decompress the archives in the mingw directory
hierarchy so that the files end up in the respective directories there?

*or*

Do I need to make separate hierarchies for each of the zip files
and point GCC at the 'lib' and 'header' directories using '-L -l'
and '-I -i' flags respectively?

Thanks

Peter