well, the tweak window scaling should be permanent. If that doesn't work,
you can add at the bottom of your `~/.bashrc` file and see if that works.

Although if the profile is handled by GDM or others maybe there's a way to
config exports for these DM somehow but like I've said, on ArchLinux GNOME
is just OK, never needed to tweak a thing on both HiDPi and regular screens.

No experience with 4K though, apologies if this is too little, if none,
help.