On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:49 +0200, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 16:36 +0200, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
> > > 4.
> > > Would someone like to update this section in the gtkmm book (in the
> > > gtkmm-documentation module in svn), and just refer to the live.gnome.org
> > > page where appropriate, instead of repeating:
> > > http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-windows-installation.html
> > > Otherwise we'll have to remove it.
> >
> > I'll have a look.
>
> I removed the Dev-C++ instructions since they were outdated, and the
> MinGW compiler shipped with Dev-C++ is 3.4.2, which we found to be
> incompatible to 3.4.5 with which the binaries are built. Since there
> were no news in Dev-C++ since 2005 it seems unlikely that this will
> change in future. Instead, I added links to the live.gnome.org pages.
>
> What about
> http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-msvc.html? I
> updated two or three paragraphs, but it still seems good and valid otherwise,
> although some of the content is already covered on the wiki page.

Looking at what's left, I guess it should just be moved to a wiki page,
please. And that should mention MS Visual Studio 2008 as well as 2005.

And the link here should point to your generic gtkmm Windows page on the
wiki:
http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-packages-windows.html

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]