Thank you for all the great work . I managed to build successfully from
tarballs on Fedora 33. I observed one issue however. gtkmm4 compilation
failed because valkan/vulkan.h was missing. I then installed
vulkan-loader-devel and all completed.

I guess meson should check if this dependency is already installed
instead of falling over during compilation. There is a .pc file for this
package, so it should be simple to fix in meson.

Best regards