On 2020-12-29 11:42, Alexander Borro wrote:
Thank you for all the great work . I managed to build successfully from tarballs on Fedora 33. I observed one issue however. gtkmm4 compilation failed because valkan/vulkan.h was missing. I then installed vulkan-loader-devel and all completed.

I guess meson should check if this dependency is already installed instead of falling over during compilation. There is a .pc file for this package, so it should be simple to fix in meson.

gtkmm4 does not use Vulkan, but gtk4 does. It surprises me that the building of gtkmm4 failed because of a missing Vulkan package. Are you sure the failure was not in the compilation of a gtk4 file? There may be a bug in one or more meson.build files in gtk4. It looks like the Meson configuration of gtk4 checks if Vulkan is installed, but then tries to compile C files that include vulkan/vulkan.h (such as gdkvulkancontext.h) even if Vulkan is not installed.