Thanks for the info, Andy.  I got Jeff's post, but it
was a reminder of another solution waaay back--turn
the snorkels inside the airbox, sleeve them and
attatch two K&N's(or Uni's, I don't recall...)there
inside the box.  I'm thinking of ordering a new set of
Yamaha's and trying to mod the old frames with some
screen and Uni filter foam--don't know for sure.  The
sound thing might be nice, though...
Thanks again!
FL Kev