Hi guys,

I have a big problem with my bike, hope you can help with it. I'd like input
from people with similar problems, if there are any.

I used to have a GIVI Monorack (the platform holding one case), with a Maxia
50 l. topcase installed. With this rig, my bike was super stable and
wouldn't shake the bars even if induced to, case on or off. Problem is, I
just installed a Wingrack (the thingy that holds three cases), and now the
bike shakes furiously if I take my hands off the bars even for half a
second. It is a vicious, self amplifying shimmy that would spit me off the
bike if not stopped immediately (scared the sh*t out of me when it first
happened, catching me completely off guard). This happens even at 30 mph, so
I refuse to believe it is an aerodynamic problem, and besides, it will also
happen even with all cases off. I can't believe it's the extra weight
either, since it's just a very few pounds heavier than the Monorack. It does
have struts running from it to the passenger pegs, though. Maybe some kind
of stabilizer bar effect that does just the opposite? increased rigidity
leading to less suppleness and absortion?

Most important, what can I do to get rid of it? It is extremely aggravating,
and I don't want to lose the Wingrack, since I'd like to travel and I
already have the cases.

Hope you guys can help!

One last thing: My XJ 600 had this problem with the Monorack, but it was due
to the topcase: case on, shake like a teenager, case off, problem solved. My
brother had exactly the same bike and case, and it was just fine.In this
case, I repeat: any configuration with Monorack, ok, any configuration with
Wingrack, and it's balls in the neck for me, although having all cases off
diminishes it somewhat. Side cases seem to have no effect at all whether on
or off. Help!

A very scared Roberto.