------_=_NextPart_001_01C03D04.C1BD2B5C

My bike just started acting wierd.  I am getting engine vibration from about
2000 rpm to about 5000 rpm, where it used to be silky smooth above 2000.
There does not seem to be a loss of power, and gas mileage seems about
normal. I pulled the plugs, and other than normal electrode erosion
everything looked fine.

I also sent a sample of the oil for analysis, and they indicated that there
is a high degree of gas contamination (%8).  Gas contamination should be
negligable to max of %2.  The oil only had about 2000 miles on it, so I went
ahead and changed it.  Also, there was a higher level of aluminum content
than they expected, but since they have never tested a GTS before they had
no basis of comparison.  They said:

1) If the cylinder liners are aluminum (as well as the pistons) then there
was not enough aluminum wear metal as expected.

2) If the cylinder liners are cast iron, then there was a bit too much
aluminum, but nothing excessive.  They also asked if the clutch might have
some aluminum content.

  As this point, I am not sure how to proceed.   The oil analysis guys
pointed to a fuel system problem or ignition problem, but the plugs looked
fine.  Has anybody had a problem with injectors failing ?   I perhaps should
do a compression test, but it is so cramped in there that I really dont want
to if there is some other test I can do.   Also, no engine codes or check
engine lights.

  Any advice ?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C03D04.C1BD2B5C

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>GTS - Possible major engine problems....</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My bike just started acting wierd.&nbsp; I am getting =
engine vibration from about 2000 rpm to about 5000 rpm, where it used =
to be silky smooth above 2000.&nbsp; There does not seem to be a loss =
of power, and gas mileage seems about normal. I pulled the plugs, and =
other than normal electrode erosion everything looked fine.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I also sent a sample of the oil for analysis, and =
they indicated that there is a high degree of gas contamination =
(%8).&nbsp; Gas contamination should be negligable to max of %2.&nbsp; =
The oil only had about 2000 miles on it, so I went ahead and changed =
it.&nbsp; Also, there was a higher level of aluminum content than they =
expected, but since they have never tested a GTS before they had no =
basis of comparison.&nbsp; They said:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>1) If the cylinder liners are aluminum (as well as =
the pistons) then there was not enough aluminum wear metal as =
expected.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>2) If the cylinder liners are cast iron, then there =
was a bit too much aluminum, but nothing excessive.&nbsp; They also =
asked if the clutch might have some aluminum content.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; As this point, I am not sure how to =
proceed.&nbsp;&nbsp; The oil analysis guys pointed to a fuel system =
problem or ignition problem, but the plugs looked fine.&nbsp; Has =
anybody had a problem with injectors failing ?&nbsp;&nbsp; I perhaps =
should do a compression test, but it is so cramped in there that I =
really dont want to if there is some other test I can do.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Also, no engine codes or check engine lights.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; Any advice ?</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C03D04.C1BD2B5C--