Grant:

I think if you read carefully what Phil wrote, you would agree that his "any
helmet" is inside a paragraph referring to motorcycle helmets.  Also, since
we are referring to motorcycle helmets in the entire discussion it seems to
me that the "any helmet" reference automatically includes the understanding
that "any helmet" refers to any MOTORCYCLE helmet.

Regards,

Henry S. Winokur
94 GTS1000, AMA, MRF, MD/MSF Certified Instructor
West Bethesda, MD