Orbot was definitely not designed to let any app control its instance of
tor. The cookie authentication is the way that is handled, but it is
really only meant for Orbot to be the controller app, and other apps to
talk to Orbot.

What is it you are trying to do? Sounds like you might want to build tor
into your app directly.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016, at 05:06 AM, arrase wrote:
> NetCipher looks good, but, is there a method to find the orbot control
> port?
>
> I was reading the library and i cannot see a method to connect to the
> daemon and i would like to manage my own hidden service.
>
> I don't understad why orbot uses a random port every run for control
> port,
> do not adds an extra securety layer, is only tedious
>
> now i'm parsing proc file to catch the port number

> <h...@guardianproject.info
> >:
>

> > Hi, welcome!
> >
> > If you want to add Tor support to apps, you'll definitely be interested
> > in our NetCipher library, which is where we do all our Tor integration
> > work:
> >
> > https://github.com/guardianproject/netcipher
> >
> > .hc
> >
> > arrase:
> > > Hi, I'm interested in developing applications under Tor and I've known
> > your
> > > project, I find it interesting.
> > >
> > > Here is my github:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/arrase
> > >
> > > I am currently interested in writing something like TorChat or Ricochet
> > for
> > > android

> > --
> > PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
> > https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556

  Nathan of Guardian
  nat...@guardianproject.info