On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 07:48:35PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
     On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 09:16:55PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
     > Theodoros Foradis <theodoros....@openmailbox.org> writes:
     > > James Richardson writes:
     > >>
     > >> I've posted a patch several hours ago, haven't seen it in the
archives.

     > > A couple of days ago, I sent a patch series, which I resent after about
     > > 16 hours , and only then it appeared duplicate in the mailing
     > > list. There seems to be some issue.
     >
     > Usually, the first emails to the lists take a little while longer to
     > appear.  After that things should be faster.

     I had this experience, too. I assume it's some sort of spam mitigation.
     Generally these mailing lists deliver mail more or less instantaneously,
     but the first time is slow.

I don't understand what is meant by "the first time".  Are you saying the first
ever email the list receives is slow, but all subsequent ones are faster - or
are you saying something else?

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3