Hi Roel!

I realized we have not applied this --list-generations patch of yours,
which is a pity.  So…

Roel Janssen <r...@gnu.org> skribis:

> Vincent Legoll writes:

>>> --list-generations would still display all the generations.  Or did you
>>> mean “a way to see *the content* of each generation”?
>>
>> I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "the content", what I meant
>> was to keep what current guix package -l shows us, i.e. do not alter current
>> UI, only add new things, but do not break existing practices when not
>> mandated.
>
> What about adding a `--no-diff-format' or a `--diff-format' argument to
> `--list-generations'?
>
> We could then make two choices:  Default to the proposed diff format, or
> default to the full format (what we have now).  Depending on what we
> choose as default, we can implement the appropriate negating argument.
>
> I would prefer defaulting to the diff format..

In the discussion that ensued, it seems there was a consensus to provide
only the diff format:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-09/msg00385.html

So it seems all the lights are green.  :-)  Let me know if there’s
anything we should do to help!

Thanks,
Ludo’.