> I am a bit wary of too much intelligence in interpreting commands, at the
> expense of clarity

Hi Andreas,

I agree with this design aesthetic.

Personally, I like my software not too dumb and not too smart with a slight
bias towards the smart.

> I think your semantics ends up meaning "try to make sense of the version
> field, and give me the package at this version".

Aren't these the current semantics of guix package transformations though? I'm
just proposing shell syntax for them.

Anyways, just an idea. I'm brainstorming out loud ;() I realize that it might
be bloat.

I'm fine with also not having them as per the design aesthetics mentioned above.