Hi Maxim,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 2:26 PM Maxim Cournoyer
<maxim.courno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> rebasing causes the PGP-signed commits to be resigned with the key of
> the people of does the rebase, which obfuscates the origin seal
> somewhat.
>
> I think we should continue to prefer merging

Let's take your argument all the way for a moment, please. What if the
signed merge commits were to serve as the mutual approvals Ludo' has
been asking for?

Non-forward merges could also be used for changes involving just a
single commit, although that would create more overhead and result in
a more complicated project history.

Kind regards
Felix

  • Re: 01/03: gnu: w... Christopher Baines
    • Re: 01/03: g... Maxim Cournoyer
      • Rebasing... Andreas Enge
        • Re: ... Maxim Cournoyer
          • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
            • ... Maxim Cournoyer
              • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
                • ... Maxim Cournoyer
                • ... Andreas Enge
                • ... Maxim Cournoyer
              • ... Leo Famulari