Hi,

Felix Lechner via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System
distribution." <guix-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, Sep 3, 2023 at 3:35 AM Ricardo Wurmus <rek...@elephly.net> wrote:
>>
>> I won’t contribute to Mumi any more.  Giving it up doesn’t hurt my
>> feelings.  I’d be glad to see it gone.
>
> For what it's worth, I like Mumi.

me too: it's a very good implementation of a web interface for an
email-based issue tracking (eco)system, in particular it's a very useful
implementation of a web based Xapian interface specialized in issue
_tracking_

> One day, I hope to help offer Scheme diffs there. Perhaps it will take
> just a pull from the base commit and guile-sexp-diff. [1]
>
> Maybe Git can eventually use such diffs, too. As a group we deserve
> better.

Git already have a mechanism to use external diff programs, via
.gitattributes; all we need are better/specialized/semantic diff
programs packaged in Guix

> I like the email-based workflow.

I'd say that an email-based workflow is a conditio sine qua non for
_all_ projects, possibly supplemented by a web based interface, possibly
better than Debbugs, possibly better than mumi

mumi have a _great_ potential to be extended, it could even be extended
to become the web/CLI frontend to other email-based issue tracking
systems

[...]

Happy hacking, Gio'

--