Hello Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <efr...@flashner.co.il> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2023 at 11:53:43AM +0200, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> That wasn't my read of it at all.

I don't understand what part of my message is different from your read,
so I cannot comment

> I too have many packages which I haven't upstreamed.

[...]

> but the effort to go through and see which packages are ACTUALLY
> needed and to clean up everything, it's just too much for me.

Do you find that it's too much due to the Guix ChangeLog guidelines?

[...]

> As far as commit messages, I've found that the script in
> etc/committer.scm to be very nice, even if there are plenty of cases
> where it doesn't do the job. I do think there's room for improvement
> and that may be one of the things we can do to make contributing
> easier.

What do you propose should be changed in the commit messages guidelines
to make contributing easier?

In Messege-Id 87y1hhdnzj....@xelera.eu today I tried to make some
actionable proposals considering the contant of this thread: WDYT?

Thanks, Gio'

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo