Hi,

Really cool!  Thank you.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 at 14:59, Wilko Meyer <w...@wmeyer.eu> wrote:

> I identified a few key themes that could be useful for a guix user
> survey as well. I plan on doing a more extensive summary on this later
> this weekend if my time allows it, for now a loose collection of
> ideas/list of what, in my subjective opinion, stood out and what most
> surveys had in common should do to hopefully get a discussion on this
> started:
>
> - the emacs user survey specifically asked for elisp profiency; mapping
>   out the Guile profiency of guixes community could be feasible.
> - fennel as well as emacs had questions on which programming languages
>   their community uses; in the regards on recent discussions on
>   guix-devel on developer ecosystems[4] this could help to identify if
>   there are any shortcomings in providing importers/packages for certain
>   languages that may be used by guix users.
> - the nix survey specifically asked for the environments and context nix
>   is being used in; it'd be interesting to see where and for what
>   purpose people are using Guix.
> - most surveys had, some more some less extensive, demographic
>   questions and questions mapping out how many years people have been
>   programming.

I would add the questions as:

 + the kind of contributions: patches, translation, bug report,
 discussions on guix-devel or help-guix, else

 + the number of contributions using some ranges 1, [2-9], [10-100], 100+

 + channels of communication: IRC, guix-devel, help-guix, else (Reddit,
 etc.)

 + contribution to other free software (patches, translation, bug
 report)

 + editor of choice (as the survey from Haskell [1])

 + and maybe some other questions from [1] :-)

WDYT?

1: https://taylor.fausak.me/2022/11/18/haskell-survey-results/#s3q1

Cheers,
simon