Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <zimon.touto...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 at 16:51, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.courno...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you use Emacs and Emacs-Debbugs, you may be interested in applying
>> the settings newly documented in the 'Viewing Bugs within Emacs' section
>> of the manual; see it at the bottom of info "(guix) The Perfect Setup").
>
> Oh, cool!
>
> On Saturday, I discovered ’honey-apple’ on IRC and today I was planning
> to improve my setup.  Perfect timing! :-)
>
> BTW, let me share some of my helpers.  They are quite simple but it
> helps me.  Maybe it could be useful to others.  Well, I read my emails
> using Emacs-Notmuch but I guess this should be adaptable for Gnus or
> mu4e.
>
> Since I often lag behind, I often have patches in my inbox where I have
> been CC.  I try to keep focused on by an easy triage, so I quickly want
> to know if this patch is still open or if it is already marked as done.
> Before opening, or while reading, I just press ’C’ and it queries
> Debbugs (SOAP) and displays the current status.
>
> Similarly, sometimes old but still open bug pops up.  It is a reply or
> just a ping and because it is old, I do not necessary have the context.
> I just press ’b’ and it opens Emacs-Debbugs for the issue at hand.  If
> there is many messages (that I do not have locally) and say it will need
> some time to read them, and say I am often reading offline, well I just
> press ’I’ and it downloads all the thread and injects it in my Guix
> email folder (and also indexed by notmuch :-)).

Cool, thanks for sharing!  I don't use Notmuch but I'm sure they'll come
in help to someone!

[...]

>   (define-key gnus-article-mode-map "R"
>     #'(lambda ()
>         "Start composing a reply mail to the current message.
> The original article will be yanked, see
> `gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original'."

This comes stock with Gnus (used by Emacs-Debbugs); I just enter 'S W'
(capitalized S followed by capitalized W) to send a wide reply (wide
replies to keep the bug in CC as well as all participants subscribed).
To reply privately to a single participant you could use just the 'R'
Gnus binding.

--
Thanks,
Maxim