I'd be interested in helping. I'm about to (hopefully) have some guixotic
training which should make me more useful.

Cheers
Bruce

On Thu, 10 Sept 2026, 17:21 Sergio Pastor Pérez, <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Guix,
>
> The last couple of months have been quite taxing on some of the more
> veteran members of the project.  I'm writing this mail hoping to raise
> awareness in the community about the fact that this situation is
> unsustainable on the long term.  In order to alleviate the load on some
> of these members, I would like to make a call for participation.
>
> The project is in dire need of helping hands for its infrastructure.  I
> would like to encourage the different members of our community to step
> up and participate on these infrastructure tasks.
>
> These tasks are a delicate matter, maintainers of the infrastructure
> have access to the machines that provide the substitutes of the project.
> I think that we should look for members that have proven their good
> will.  This does not mean that these members need to be very
> knowledgeable about the current infrastructure or have commit access, I
> believe that we need people that are willing to learn and responsibly
> ensure that the different services are up and running.  Familiarity with
> a Guix system is of course needed, but I'm not expecting these
> volunteers to debug complex technical errors; making sure that the
> different services are working properly and reporting issues if any
> error appears, would be of great help.
>
> The configuration of the Guix build farms is public, check it out
> here[1].
>
> Additionally, the Guix manual has a nice section that should give you a
> good picture of where the Guix infrastructure needs your help[2].
>
>
> [1] https://codeberg.org/guix/maintenance
> [2]
> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Contributing-to-Guix_0027s-Infrastructure.html
>
>
> Best regards,
> Sergio
>
>

Reply via email to