Hello,

> To Bost, specifically: this is your public warning

No need to warn me. I'd already decided to leave four days ago. The
large majority of the Guix community has worldviews incompatible with
mine... It's time for me to move on.

A little reflection and recap:
I've been quietly using Guix for 7+ years, mostly on my own, tweaking
it for my own pleasure and needs, in my own channel, occasionally
reporting an issue, sending a little patch now and then, and donating
some money.

Some parts of Guix are great (user channels, guix shell), some are
good (LISP! But untyped, oooh), some turned out to be an overpromise
(Timebombs - who knew? Reproducibility - almost. Do I need it
anyway?), some are annoying (commit messages), and some are bad
(store-too-large, rebuild-the-world).

And then there is the community, overcommitted to the idea of
consensus, trying to reach a formal one on one too many occasions
¯\_("/)_/¯

Thanks for all the fish ;-)

Bost

PS: I tried to unsubscribe from [email protected] four days ago.
Something went wrong, anyway. I'm going to try again in a minute, or
perhaps someone could remove me from the mailing list manually.

Reply via email to