Brendan Tildesley <[email protected]> writes:

> I started working on kde. I fixed a qt bug, merged qt-team into
> kde-team, refreshed all kde packages and fixed bugs in the refresh
> scripts. maybe we are duplicating effort? i haven't made commits
> yet. im thinking it like to do one bulk commit updating kde
> packages. im not going to test everything one update at a time, and if
> i spent 60 seconds making a commit for all the hundreds of packages it
> would take hours. also those commits would represent a partially
> upgrade kde anyway, not valid commits to time travel to.

Hi Brendan!

It looks like your email didn't reach guix-devel mailing list somehow.
Probably it was bounced (sometimes it happens when you write to a
mailing list you are not subscribed to). So I send this message to
guix-devel to start a new thread.

One large commit is against guix common commit practices (:
However, there is etc/committer.scm script present, making bulk updates
easier [1]

I currently don't have any commits to kde-team branch. I planned to start
updating to the latest KDE version, but if you already done a lot of
work - that's great!

So please, create an MR with your changes (especially bugfixes to
refresh scripts), so we could continue working on it together.

Happy hacking,
Rodion

1 - https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Bulk-Updates-1

Reply via email to