From: Volker Bach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> That's quite possible. There is one such ceremonial sword dating to the 16th 
> century in the Army museum in Istanbul (it probably comes either from a 
> German context in Siebenbürgen or from the Hungarian court) and the 
> accompanying text has the usual nonsense about Western knights hewing about 
> with these monsters until they were felled by the arrows of nimble 
> janissaries.

Hee, I recall reading something about how the knights brought back stories 
about janissaries who moved like the wind and were an untouchable whirlwind of 
steel... meanwhile the janissaries awed their friends with stories about 
knights who were as mighty oaks on the battlefield, tireless and unstoppable.

Anything that makes your side look even better for surviving against the other 
guy, I guess. ;)
 
--
"I hit him so hard he fell off the Internet." - Penny Arcade




_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to