On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:39 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > If you take 100 character points for a mageborn character, and pair off > that character against a 100 point fighter, chances are good that the > fighter will win the battles on a regular basis.
Only if you have a really stupid mage. Earth to Air: You fall down, good luck when you hit the bottom! Earth to Water: You are now neck deep in mud, good luck trying to hit me! Walk Through Earth: I'm not here, good luck trying to hit me! Rain of Stones: Dodge this! Body of Stone: Okay, hit me... see if you can do damage! Steelwraith: Silly fighter, I laugh at your metal weapons! Walk on Air: Can't hurt me if you can't hit me! Wall of Air: Have fun getting through the wall! Beast Summoning: I don't have to fight you, I can have my buddy do it! Rain of Fire: Parry this! Fire Cloud: Hot enough for you? Teleport: I'm outta here! Plane-shift: I'm gone! Simple/Complex/Perfect Illusion: Hit me? Which me? Create Warrior: Fight fire with fire! Darkness: Can't hit me if you can't see me! Glue: Can't hurt me if you can't chase me! Grease: Good luck keeping your footing! Zombie Summoning: Have fun fighting my friends... er.. fiends? The point here is that I picked out a small sampling of spells that don't directly affect the target and therefore he doesn't get to resist. Some like Glue, the fighter may be able to break out of but if you do a large enough area it'll take him a while... giving the mage more time to either get away or prepare something nastier. Another point, I specifically picked out spells that take only a few seconds... no more than 5 seconds to cast. Should be plenty of time unless the fighter started out right next to the mage... which is unlikely. -- Chris J. Whitcomb "I try to keep an open mind, but my brain keep falling out!" _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
