On Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:08 PM, Brandon Cope ordered an army of
electrons to communicate to the world:
-75 is also an excessively high number for
disadvantgaes. I know it's
in the rules, but more than -50 or so starts getting
silly.
-75 points in straight disadvantages is probably a bit
excessive (at least
in a realistic game), but -75 points in negative point
traits isn't really
that bad.
In 18 years, I've only seen *one* player buy an attibute under 10
(not counting alternate forms).
In 3e it was rare; in 4e I've seen it more than a few times, especially with
sub-attributes allowing for more fine-tuning, allowing players to buy up (or
down) an attribute and then take the sub-attribute in the other direction.
If your players aren't buying down some sub-attributes (or even
occassionally buying down an attribute and buying up the sub-attributes
under it) they aren't really taking full advantage of the 4e system. I've
seen "Barbarians" with lowered IQ but increased Will & Per, "Mages" or
"Techies" with Lowered ST and increased HP, or just about any character with
Increased HT & DX but lowered FP and Basic Speed (and maybe Move). You can
easily eek out a few extra points without seriously handicapping the
character by tweaking the attribute/sub-attribute levels.
--
Eric B. Smith http://www.geocities.com/ericbsmith
GURPS Data File Coordinator http://ericbsmith.no-ip.org/
"There is always inequality in life. Some men are killed in a war and some
men are wounded and some men never leave the country. Life is unfair." -
John F. Kennedy
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l