> Finding documentation on airships can be difficult, and even original > sources can be tricky.
I checked the German wikipedia. It lists four engines like your source. >>> The generator in the passenger >>> gondola is a small windmill attached outside the gondola that >>> generates power from the airship's windstream. (100 lbs, 2 cf, $100) >> >> Vehicles Expansion 1, p.23. > > I'll do the VE version, but I have historical data on weight and (sort > of) volume. VXi bases everything on diameter. As written, the rules don't quite fit -- at travel speed, we have effectively storm winds, which make windmills impractical. Ignoring that rule, a 6' windmill provides 0.324 kW, at 180 lbs., 1.8 cf and $360. > I don't have firm data on whether there was a radio, or what range. > The Zeppelin pilots navigated by dead reckoning surprisingly often. The wikipedia mentions that the 80m antenna would be unreeled in flight. The German word means voice radio, btw. > I count 16, and that is the historical number, but apparently my stats > block is unclear. The wikipedia says commander, mate, elevator and rudder men, radio operator, steward, six mechanics, total twelve. Your mail listed twelve as well. > I was following the "round to the nearest 10,000" rule directly under > the table. As I read it, you either use the rounded table and extend it with the rounded formula, or you use the unrounded formula for all values. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
