David Scheidt wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Troy Guffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Onno Meyer wrote:
Do you know Excession by Iain M. Banks? The details would be a
spoiler :-)

Even after reading it 4+ times, it still confuses me in parts.

No, I don't know that story.  But I don't really care about spoilers.

<spoiler space>




















In _Excession_, one of the Culture ships is an eccentric ship that's
spent its time collecting and maintaining gas giant fauna, and the
mass needed to support them.  For reasons to do with the plot, it
dumps the fauna, and then converts the mass into a fleet of fighter
ships, and is instantly the most powerful force in the galaxy.

I think the ships were built over a long period of time, and the mass used to create the various living environments (gas giant, water world, etc.) was converted into the stupidly powerful engines that it used.

That was a fun section to read. :-)
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to