use standard volume control, and select theUSB Internet Phone by
TigerJet device. You will find the volume you wish there.
At 04:20 AM 9/6/2008, you wrote:
Hello list,
Hello,
I am a registered 6.1 Window-Eyes user, and have installed WE Beta2 on my XP
machine.
I have recently purchased a Magicjack, a USB device to which one can attach
a telephone and through which one can make high-quality VOIP calls
throughout the US and Canada for about $20 per year. I have since learned
that a number of blind persons throughout the country are either using or
considering the purchase of this device.
The device contains software that is launched when it is inserted and
includes a user interface that is somewhat accessible. Unfortunately, its
default microphone/phone volume is so low that some people find it hard to
hear the VOIP caller. I can get to the menu and then to the item to set the
volumes that is labeled an options window; but reclassing it to a trackbar
or anything else doesn't help in navigating it. There are two "sliders" in
this window I can't move along or among using the mouse or cursor keys.
Unfortunately, it appears that the software is actually contained on the
device and apparently can't be run independently of the device; so there's
no way I can forward it for testing by someone who doesn't have one.
Has anyone using the device encountered and solved this problem? This is a
great device, and I'm sure many would appreciate the solution.
Cordially,
Bill Reif
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo,
and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.