Sorry, but I'd have thought I'd spelt it out clearly enough but, in a nut
shell, no ability within Quictime to move about in a stream, adjust volume,
etc.

You can only start and stop the stream with space bar.  I don't call that
accessible.  What I want is all the functionality available to a mouse user
made available by keyboard support.

Hope that's clear enough.

Ray.

Alan R. Downing wrote:
What ever it is that is claimed to be inaccessible.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray" <[email protected]>
To: "Alan R. Downing" <[email protected]>
Cc: "GW - info" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:46 AM
Subject: Re: Inaccessability of Quicktime: who's fault? What can be done?


> Um, sory, what is that?  What is what?
>
> Ray.
>
> Alan R. Downing wrote:
> What is that?
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ray" <[email protected]>
> To: "Nathan Normal" <[email protected]>
> Cc: "gw-info" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:35 AM
> Subject: Re: Inaccessability of Quicktime: who's fault? What can be done?
>
>
>> Share a lot of your frustration Natham with things Apple.  I will stress
>> again though that I am by no means 'anti-Apple', and I'm not out to start
>> an
>> argument about the merits or otherwise of Apple computers and the
>> operating
>> system, which in many ways is in fact superior to Windows.
>>
>> This said, the blitheness and can we say, 'blindness' to vi needs is so
>> often downrightly offensive on the part of so many Apple supporters.  No
>> more so than in the case of Quicktime and its use on sites meant to be
>> used
>> by vi people, for heavens sake!
>>
>> Quictime Alternative has been mentioned as the way forward, but so far we
>> have silence on both exactly what keyboard support is in this app and how
>> well it works with Firefox.  A fair amount of Googling has revealed
>> nothing
>> at all in respect of how vi people get along with Quicktime Alternative.
>>
>> I'd still like to know to about the possibility of a script to for us to
>> get
>> accessability.  That said, I've no doubt the real responsibility lies
>> with
>> Apple in in this.  They've made ITunes accessible, and their Voice Over,
>> while not perfect, so why the complete blanking out of vi needs with
>> Quicktime?  The damned thing appears all over the place.
>>
>> So let's here from Apple and none-Apple users alike on this one please.
>>
>> Ray.
>> has a good deal to commend it
>>
>>
>> Nathan Normal wrote:
>> Hey, Ray, in over 10 years, different operating systems, whatever, I have
>> yet to ever get that quicktime player to work in what I'd even consider a
>> remotely useable manner.
>> Actually, for that very reason, I've uninstalled it on every single
>> machine
>> I found it on, including their worthless Itunes.
>> Look, Ray, I want a computer, not a fruit.
>> Wouldn't touch apple anything with a ten foot pole and their mac crak
>> junk
>> in its best days.
>> When I went to buy my first reading system 17 years ago, Apple and its
>> other
>> garbage supported nothing in the field, a tech friend I knew very well at
>> the time, had told me then, they were nothing but trouble, and, to my
>> mind
>> anyway, their abysmal software just proves the point all the way around.
>> In my book, ya can keep apple, crapple, quick crap i crap,i tunes, their
>> i
>> pod yuppy player, their i phones, ya name it.
>> Nate Normal,
>> Montego Bay, Jamaica
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Ray" <[email protected]>
>> To: "GW-INFO List" <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 2:36 PM
>> Subject: Inaccessability of Quicktime: who's fault? What can be done?
>>
>>
>> First apologies to those who will see a similar message from me on the
>> PC-Audio list, but posting here with a Window-Eyes slant.
>>
>> I work with someone producing a talking newspaper and we are up against -
>> what to me - is an arrogant attitude towards vi users that they must have
>> Quicktime or nothing.
>>
>> To my knowledge QT has never been accessible in the sense of moving
>> around
>> in it or adjusting the volume of playback from the player, etc.  Before I
>> vent my anger unreservedly - and I do feel QT is a load of Pants - are
>> there
>> in fact scripts making it more usable?  Is there accessability hidden
>> away
>> that I don'tknow about?
>>
>> The assertion on the part of the ignoramous who declines to accomodate
>> our needs is that screen readers aught to work with it.  Well, is that in
>> fact possible?  Or is it Entirely Apples fault?  Would it, in theory, be
>> possible for a Window-Eyes scripter to give us the same navigation etc as
>> mouse users enjoy?
>>
>> Does anyone know if Apple users fair better using it with Voice Over?  (I
>> know there are Mac users here.)  NO, I'm not by any means anti-Apple, but
>> this - to me - abysmal software is an insult to VI users on a site
>> designed
>> surely with them as the main user group.
>>
>> I'd be interested to hear from anyone knowledgable on this and who knows
>> more than I do.
>>
>> Ray.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
>> sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
>> your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
>> your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
>>
>> All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
>> can
>> be searched through and sorted using the search
>> form at the bottom of the page.
>>
>> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
>> [email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
>> of the message.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
>> sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
>> your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
>> your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
>>
>> All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
>> can be searched through and sorted using the search
>> form at the bottom of the page.
>>
>> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
>> [email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
>> of the message.
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
> sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
> your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
> your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
>
> All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
> can be searched through and sorted using the search
> form at the bottom of the page.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
> [email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
> of the message.
>
>






If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to