Penny, that's a suctscint summary of the situation re. Face book accessability.

I tend to agree.  After all, Google has done much to make their services
accessible to us and I think that's an example of what others providing
net-based services should be doing too.

Ray.

Penny Reeder wrote:
Hi Ray and others,
The announcement in "Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday" turned out to be
about the development effort for a plug in, but it's apparently just at
the beginning stage of development.  The Serotek products do seem to
help, but the "Socializer," which is supposed to make FaceBook and
Twitter and other online community web sites more accessible is a
for-purchase product.

It seems to me that it is a violation of the ADA for us to have to
purchase something to make a web site that everyone else takes for
granted useable.  I am not faulting Serotek, I appreciate the effort
they have gone through to meet this need, but, quite frankly, I am tired
of having to pay extra to make my cell phone talk, to access this and
that on and offline, and I think that the owners of the FaceBook domain
should have to make their web site accessible or bear the cost of
products that allow those of us who cannot see to use it.

Climbing down off my soap box,
Thanks.
Penny


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

Reply via email to