Hi.  Very nice tip.  It is possible that the files may still be in icon view 
when you go to the desktop folder.  If this is so hit alt-v then l to put your 
desktop items in list view.  Good luck.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: David 
  To: Pastor Gil Pries ; [email protected] 
  Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:31 AM
  Subject: Re: Desk Top Behavior


  I don't know, why it would never havedone so before. The process you are 
describing, is quite well known. It seems this is the way Windows does focuse 
the icons. When it comes to the last item in the list, and this item happens to 
be anything than the bottom of the column, it simply reverts to the next icon, 
in the previous column. And I agree, it is frustrating. If you want to see a 
list of your desktop items, here is one way to do it, that will place all of 
them in line.

  Go to your desktop, by pressing WIN-D. Open the 'My Documents' folder (on my 
PC it is the very top-left one, so a press on the HOME key takes me to that 
icon). Now press the BACKSPACE key. You are now seeing a list, similar to your 
file folders list, holding your desktop icons. Use the UP and DOWN arrows, to 
scroll through the list, and press ENTER when you are on the icon you are 
looking for.

  Sorry, I couldn't be of more specific help to your question.
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Pastor Gil Pries 
    To: [email protected] 
    Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:14 PM
    Subject: Desk Top Behavior


    Hi Listers,
    Something is going on with the desk top icons.
    When I arrow down the list of icons on the desk top,  on the first column 
everything is ok.  However when I arrow down the second column to the 15th 
item,  it says,  "Windows Media Player 15 of 15."
    If I arrow down again it reverts to the 7th item in the first column.
    It never used to do this.
    I am using classic folders in windows xp pro sp3.
    If I hit the first letter of the program I want to access,  it takes me 
there as it should.
    I have looked through the settings,  but not sure if I am missing something.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Pastor Gil

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page. 

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body 
of the message.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.

Reply via email to