Hello fellow Window-eyes users:
I seem to be having a problem installing Firefox 3.0.11. Before I go
into the details, here's what I did:
1. Went to www.mozilla.com, and downloaded the Firefox software by
hitting enter on the linked labeled download free Firefox 3.0.11.
2. When the question, "Do you want to run or save this file) came up, I
answered by pressing enter on the save button. At this point, the usual
dialog that you get that gives you the name of the file you're about to
download, and the combo box that lists the different folders where you
can save files came up. I tabbed to the (save in) combo box, and
selected the desktop and pressed enter. The file downloaded.
Now, here's where things get weird. After locating the Firefox setup
3.0.11 icon, I pressed enter on it, and got the following message:
File security warning. The publisher could not be varified. Are you
sure you want to run this software?
name firefox setup 3.0.11.exe
Publisher unknown
Publisher type application.
This file does not have a valid digital signature that varifies its
publisher. You should only run software from publishers you trust. I
atempted to press the run button anyway, and when I did, I got yet
another error message, that read:
Extraction failed. File is corrupt. Which was followed by an ok button.
I pressed ok, and was returned to the desktop where I had started. For
those of you who have downloaded Firefox 3.0, did you get this funny
message when trying to install the software?
What should I do?
Mike
Rochester, NY.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.