Thanks Steve for looking into the matter. Can I also suggest to GWmicro to
include some sort of sound when I reach the end of a document in Word as I
down arrow the lines.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Clower" <[email protected]>
To: "Sim Kah Yong" <[email protected]>
Cc: "Aaron Smith'" <[email protected]>; "Mike Lawler" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: How to stop WE from speaking windows title and status
bar when alt-tab between programmes
Greetings,
Beyond what you have done, there is currently no way to further silence
Word verbosity when the window gains focus. We will look into adding this
capability into a future version of Window-Eyes.
Regards,
Steve
On 7/14/2011 11:11 AM, Sim Kah Yong wrote:
I done all the steps as instructed, but the chatters still persist. I
tried the following which reduce the chatter to the minimal.
Vobacity/office / word / miscellaneous / uncheck enable enhanced support
for current document. Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Clower" <[email protected]>
To: "Sim Kah Yong" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: How to stop WE from speaking windows title and status
bar when alt-tab between programmes
Greetings,
Open Verbosity/Office/Word, and disable the items, e.g. columns,
styles, etc. that you don't want Window-Eyes to indicate.
Regards,
Steve
On 7/14/2011 9:28 AM, Sim Kah Yong wrote:
Hi Steve, I am switching between two programmes namely Microsoft Word
2007 and Express Scribe to do the audio transcription. When I use
alt-tab to switch, We will speak the following for MS word:
Document1: Microsoft Word
Style normal
Page 1 of 1
Column 1 of 1
Print layout
Document1
How can I reduce the extra chatter as I have to do the programme
switching many times.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Clower" <[email protected]>
To: "Sim Kah Yong" <[email protected]>
Cc: "Aaron Smith'" <[email protected]>; "Mike Lawler"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: How to stop WE from speaking windows title and status bar
when alt-tab between programmes
Greetings,
If you are wanting to stop Window-Eyes from speaking window names when
they appear in the Alt-Tab process, then this cannot be done.
Window-Eyes does not typically read status bar information when
entering new windows, so I am unclear on what you are hearing. Is this
something you could show us over the phone?
Regards,
Steve
On 7/14/2011 8:38 AM, Sim Kah Yong wrote:
HI Stephen, I perform the steps, but WE still speak the windows title
when I alt-teb between programmes.
What about status bar information? Please help. Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Clower"
<[email protected]>
To: "Sim Kah Yong" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: How to stop WE from speaking windows title and status
bar
when alt-tab between programmes
Greetings,
To stop Window-Eyes from speaking window titles when they are
activated,
1. Press Control-Backslash to open the Window-Eyes control panel.
2. Open the Help menu with Alt-H, and ensure Show Advanced Options
is
checked.
3. Press Alt-E to move your keyboard focus to the settings tree.
4. Press V to move to the verbosity node followed by the right arrow
to expand it.
5. Down arrow to Common, and as before, press the right arrow to
open it.
6. Down arrow to Activated.
7. Tab to the Speak Window Titles toggle scope button. Set it to
program if you don't want Window-Eyes to speak the title for a
certain
program. Or, if you want this change to apply everywhere, leave the
setting at global.
8. Tab to the Speak Window Titles radio button group. Change it from
Yes to No.
9. Press Control-S to save the change.
Regards,
Steve
On 7/14/2011 7:48 AM, Sim Kah Yong wrote:
Hi all, please advise me on setting the above. I am doing
transcribing
work and have to alt-tab between two programmes regularly and do
not
wish to hear windows title and status bar information every time I
switch programme. How do I do it. Any advice would be much
appreciated.
Thank you.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in
prayer.
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message
is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.