Scott,
Are the lockups happening in mostly predictable usage situations or
inside certain programs? We appreciate your candor and hope to have an
update out soon which should solve many of the issues we have received.
Regards,
Steve
On 10/11/2011 7:52 PM, Scott Rumery wrote:
Hello GW Micro, I am writing this with some misgivings because I really
do like Window Eyes and I really appreciate how great your customer
support is. I have been using WE for about 3 years now, and WE is the
only screen reader that I have used over this time. I use to be a Jaws
user before I decided to give WE a try, and it was because of the LTO
program that I was able to buy my own copy of WE, so I would also like
to thank GW Micro for offering their customers a payment option that
allows us to buy our own copy of WE.
I am currently running WE 7.51 on my Acer laptop running Windows 7 64bit
with 3 gigs of ram. I have been dealing with WE constantly losing speech
for quite a while now, and it was just recently that it got so bad that
I decided to give Jaws a new look. This decision was not an easy one for
me because as I said earlier I really do like WE, but I just cannot have
my system becoming unusable while I am in the middle of trying to get
something done.
Now don't get me wrong, I have not given up on the idea of using WE as
my primary screen reader, I am just taking a break from using it until
the next update comes out. Which I hope that I won't have to wait too
long for.
I have uninstalled the Enhanced Autoload app because I saw something on
the list the other day that there was some thought to this maybe being
the culprit, but I can tell you that after removing the loss of speech
problem reered its ugly head again, and only after just about 5 minutes
time. I will continue to try and do some testing with WE when I have the
time, but for now I am going to have to abandon WE in favor of Jaws as I
never experience these problems while using it.
Scott Rumery
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist & App Development
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.