You know,  I still have 7.2 here at work,  and it crashes.  I'm really getting 
tired of it.  I can't believe it doesn't crash like this on Gw Micro!
This is why I haven't pushed getting 7.5.1 at work.  I would still probably 
have  the same problem!  I beginning to wish I could aford JAWS!

________________________________
From: Baracco, Andrew W [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:26 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Window Eyes Keeps Crashing

I have had to pretty much use JAWS exclusively at work because of the same 
issue.  I just can't tolerate a situation of being in the middle of a web based 
training module, or working with patient records and have my screen reader 
simply stop talking, often requiring closing WE, the application, or just 
having to reboot the system.  I eagerly await the release of the next version.

Andy


From: Scott Rumery [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:53 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Window Eyes Keeps Crashing

Hello GW Micro, I am writing this with some misgivings because I really do like 
Window Eyes and I really appreciate how great your customer support is.  I have 
been using WE for about 3 years now, and WE is the only screen reader that I 
have used over this time.  I use to be a Jaws user before I decided to give WE 
a try, and it was because of the LTO program that I was able to buy my own copy 
of WE, so I would also like to thank GW Micro for offering their customers a 
payment option that allows us to buy our own copy of WE.
    I am currently running WE 7.51 on my Acer laptop running Windows 7 64bit 
with 3 gigs of ram.  I have been dealing with WE constantly losing speech for 
quite a while now, and it was just recently that it got so bad that I decided 
to give Jaws a new look.  This decision was not an easy one for me because as I 
said earlier I really do like WE, but I just cannot have my system becoming 
unusable while I am in the middle of trying to get something done.
    Now don't get me wrong, I have not given up on the idea of using WE as my 
primary screen reader, I am just taking a break from using it until the next 
update comes out.  Which I hope that I won't have to wait too long for.
    I have uninstalled the Enhanced Autoload app because I saw something on the 
list the other day that there was some thought to this maybe being the culprit, 
but I can tell you that after removing the loss of speech problem reered its 
ugly head again, and only after just about 5 minutes time.  I will continue to 
try and do some testing with WE when I have the time, but for now I am going to 
have to abandon WE in favor of Jaws as I never experience these problems while 
using it.

Scott Rumery

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to