Tim,

A couple of things to check. First, is GWSkype running alongside the official Skype client? If so, shut both programs down, and try running GWSkype by itself to see if your situation improves. Both apps cannot access the same user account at the same time.

If you are able to still reproduce your contact issue, please send me your %appdata%\gwskype\gwskype.log file and I will investigate this problem when our office re-opend on Tuesday.

Thanks,
Steve




On 12/24/2011 3:32 PM, David Tanner wrote:
I am having almost the same problem on a Windows XP netbook with XP Home service Pac 3 and an installed current copy of the regular Skype. When GW Skype comes up It does not show any of my contacts even though the regular Skype application is not running.



----- Original Message ----- From: "tim cumings" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:01 AM
Subject: major problems with gw-skype


I installed gw-skype on my computer running windows xp media edition and the latest version of window-eyes along with the latest version of skype which is
working fine. I'm having some major problems with
1. When I launch gw-skype, i get a message saying i have to log in.
2. After logging in my skype contacts come up but there is only one contact showing up in the list. If i hit enter on that contact to make a call I lose
my speech.
3. After rebooting the computer and logging in again, if I try to go to the gw-skype view menu to change the type of contacts I'm seeing, I again lose my
speech.
4. Other times when I try to log in, I get a message saying I can't log in because the local skype database is already in use. I've re-installed gw-skype twice and am still having these problems. Do you have any suggestions. As I
said at the beginning my regular version of skype is working fine.




If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

--
--
Stephen Clower
Product support specialist&  App Development
GW Micro, Inc. * 725 Airport North Office Park, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
260-489-3671 * gwmicro.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to