I think that, as in Word, you can press F8 to activate Extended Selection mode.
Another nifty keystroke pair, which has existed from the early days of Lotus 1-2-3, is to press the End key followed by an arrow key. This moves you to the next cell in the specified direction that is, I think, blank or non-blank. Since spreadsheets often contain a lot of empty cells, you can save a lot of time with this method of navigation. Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland Home: http://lras.home.sprynet.com Work: http://www.loc.gov/nls > -----Original Message----- > From: Ralf Kefferpuetz [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 11:27 AM > To: [email protected]; [email protected] > Subject: RE: more excel questions > > Mike, > > Selecting A1 to G5 is easy: go to A1, hold down the shift key and go with > your arrow keys to column G, then, still hold the shift key, go to row 5. > WE > will announce the selection for you. > > A name field says me nothing in Excel. Maybe you renamed the sheets in the > workbook? I use the mouse keys to do that by pressing 8 to go to the down > left corner, then 8 to go up line by line, until I hear sheet1, sheet2, > sheet 3.To rename sheet1 just press the right mouse button key and select > rename. To rename sheet2 or sheet3 use control-9 to go a clip to the right > and then press the right mouse button key and select rename. > > Hth, > Ralf > > Ralf Kefferpuetz > http://www.keffi.eu > Germany > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:21 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: more excel questions > > For those of you who use excel 2010, is there an accessible way to > access the name box with Window-eyes? I had to use it to do something > in class this morning, but I couldn't access it from the ribbon, so the > instructor had to click on it for me with the mouse. Also, how do I > select a range of cells? For example, the teacher asked the class to > select cells A1 through G5, then C 2 through F3. How would I as a > window-eyes user do that? Excel is quite foreign to me, but between now > and when my class ends in May, I hope to have at least some knowledge > as to how to use this software. It seems straight forward for the most > part, but I find some of it a little daunting. Thanks in advance for > any assistance. > Mike > Rochester, NY. > > If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender > only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is > related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to > [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. > > GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can > manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. > If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender > only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is > related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to gw- > [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. > > GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can > manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
