And I can't do it, because Win-Eyes is all I use, or even know how to use.

Louis Gosselin

-----Original Message-----
From: erik burggraaf [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: 'Tom Fairhurst'; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Eset Nod32 Version 5 with Window-Eyes--an Eset GUI error

Hi, this error seems to be pretty rampant.  I resell nod32 stuff for my
customers, so I called them when it started showing up on client computers.
They don't know anything about it but they did mention that updating video
drivers might solve it.  We've updated video on a couple of computers and that
seems to have had no effect, but then, if it's a conflict with the window-eyes
video intercept then that makes sense.  Is there any one here who can run
strictly on NVDA for a few days and report whether that fixes the issue?

Make sure to remove window-eyes from all startup areas so that it doesn't load
when the system starts.  Then put NVDA into the startup so you get speech, and
then just do your thing for 3 to 5 days, and see if you get crashes.

I would do it here, but I just don't use windows at all any more except for
looking at stuff for clients.  Pulling it up for an hour 2 or 3 times a month
wouldn't really give an accurate picture.

Thanks,

Erik Burggraaf
Introducing Ebony Consulting business card transcription service, starting at
$0.45 per card or $35 per hundred cards.
Ebony Consulting toll-free: 1-888-255-5194 or on the web at
http://www.erik-burggraaf.com

On 2012-04-29, at 8:05 AM, Louis wrote:


        I, Too, have it, and I agree 100% with your findings, Tom.
        
        Louis Gosselin
        
        
        -----Original Message-----
        From: Tom Fairhurst [mailto:[email protected]] 
        Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:04 PM
        To: [email protected]
        Subject: Re: Eset Nod32 Version 5 with Window-Eyes--an Eset GUI error
        
        I haven't had this happen. However, I have Esset Smart Security 5, and
once or
        twice a day, I get the message had encountered an error and needs to
close. I
        usually don't send this to Microsoft, and the dialog goes away. 
        Window-Eyes 7.5.4.1 is not affected. However, I have received this error
since I
        updated Esset Smart Security.
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "meadowlark77" <[email protected]>
        To: <[email protected]>
        Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:56 PM
        Subject: Eset Nod32 Version 5 with Window-Eyes--an Eset GUI error
        
        
        

                Hello. I wonder if anybody's had an experience with NOD32
Antivirus 
                

                Version 5, where you get an Eset GUI error? I always seem to get
one 
                

                when i plug in an external device. But this one is different. 
                

                Window-Eyes simply disappeared altogether. I turned on System
access 
                

                to find out that Window-Eyes suddenly wasn't running any more.I
then 
                

                closed system access down and started Window-Eyes with
CTRL-Alt-w, and 
                

                it ran as though it never had been running.
                


                I'm running a Windows XP Pro system with the latest updates. I
was 
                

                going to transfer files from an external device to the hard
drive. 
                

                Somehow the error that I get actually makes Window-Eyes stop
dead in 
                

                its tracks, so to speak. Just curious if anybody has this and if
so, did ya
                

        find a slution?
        


                Take care,
                


                Brenda
                


                mailto:[email protected]
                

                If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the
original 
                

                sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your 
                

                message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your 
                

                message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive
it.
                


                GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo.
You 
                

                can manage your list subscription at
http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
                


        If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only.
        If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW
        Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected]
so the
        entire list will receive it.
        
        GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage
        your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
        If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related
to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
        
        GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
        
        


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to