Just be aware, that NONE of the Acapela voices offered by Nextup, can be used outside the Nextup software. Unless you pay quite a bit extra for the license key that will make them available to the whole computer. And, Nextup does only sell that license inside North-America. Again, I do stress, this only applies to the Acapela voices.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Norton" <[email protected]>
To: "Bud Schwab" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: confused about voices


Hi:

I have used the voices from Nextup, and, they seem to work with Window-eyes.

Some of the voice installers do check for the presence of a Nextup product before they install, so, yes you will need to buy Text Aloud to get them.

The Nuance voices that come with JAWS will only work with JAWS. The Nextup voices, however, are sapi voices, so they will usually work with Window-Eyes.



On Jun 7, 2012, at 1:40 PM, Bud Schwab wrote:

Hi Gang,

I've been using dectalk Paul for many years now, and although I do like it basically, my old ears are losing the higher frequencies so it's getting harder to distinguish S from F and C from V and things like that. I notice that some other speech programs are much better for that like the Nuiance Tom and AT&t's mike. I'm confused about Textaloud. Do I have to have that to get one of these other voices? Also, what voices come with Textaloud? I'm so confused about the whole issue. All I want is to be able to get one of those other voices that I can use for all my reading just like dectalk is doing now.

Thanks for any help. I'm not looking for anything free, just looking for a good voice for my purpose.


Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to