MAC addresses are unique to each piece of gear. If that's what's showing up, then you're the only one with that address. I can't imagine how it could report a MAC address other than the one that was assigned to the device in hand.



----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Keithley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:22 PM
Subject: [GWN] Mac address?


Hello list,

I need to be sure about my BS32's MAC address. Is there a way to test it?

I find a MAC address in the help facility, but is there anyway I can be sure this is correct?

The reason I need to know this is that I will be traveling to a resort where there is a wireless connection, but I won't be able to log on because there is a Captua screen where I have to type graphical characters that won't be displayed.

I've been told that I can get onto the network without actually logging on if I give the ISP my BS32's MAC address before hand.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.



Reply via email to