I'm not snapping, simply trying to point out that film makers are not making films to educate people about historic costuming. Your customers do need to either realize films are not primary sources. Or accept and enjoy having something they like that is not "authentic," which is also perfectly valid. I agree you're entitled to express express your point of view--just as I am entitled to express mine.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

Suzi Clarke wrote:

You try explaining that to someone who doesn't know about costume history, and wants "the dress that so and so wears" in a particular film or TV series. Fran, you enjoy films your way - I am entitled to dislike things for my reasons, and state those reasons on an open list. After all we are all entitled to our own opinions - I was simply stating mine.You don't have to snap.

Suzi