> Two ccheap? fabric mentions.
>
>       http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/wool_gabardine.htm
> $5 a yard wool gabardines, but the colors are ...BRIGHT

Remember, though, that wool takes dye very well and all you would have to
do is buy some RIT dye and use your washer to create a better or different
color!!  For example, you could overydye the bright green with a blue to
create a lovely dark green.  Or add blue dye to a pink wool to create a
lovely lavender or purple.

> also, this is a bit of a boast, and I will not be able to give the name of
> the store (i am going to go back on sat, and i just know where it is) but
> I found a bunch of 60 inch wide linen in fairly light weights for 3.50
> (plus 8 5/8th % sales tax).  I think I am going to buy a variity about
> $400

Is it 100% linen?  Sometimes the big chain stores call things "linen" or
"linen look" when they might only contain part linen or--no linen at all.
Just be sure of what you are buying when you pay that price.  You might be
able to ask for a burn test there or get a sample and burn it outside
yourself.  I would just hate for you to buy "linen" and find out that it
really is linen/rayon or poly/rayon.

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"