As far as I know, there were not any "texts available for more accurate patterns" despite what the writer had said -- at least, not by our 21st century standards -- but if some of you who were doing historical sewing in the 60s knew of any, please do post!

Hill and Bucknell's The Evolution of Fashion was published in 1969. It was intended for theatrical use rather than strict historical recreation, but at least it came with patterns. I joined the SCA in 1971 and was an anomaly because I already owned Davenport's costume book and tried to recreate costumes from in there.

       CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
         www.FunStuft.com

             //// \\\